Saturday, August 29, 2009

4 intraoral scanners on one stage

Left to right:
Patterson/Sirona/CEREC AC, 3M LAVA COS, Cadent iTero, Schein E4D

As far as I know, this is the first time all 4 current scan units have been presented together. My course at the Ohio State Dental Meeeting had representatives from each company show how each unit scans and in 2 cases, how to do a restoration design. Despite the fact this is a very competitive marketplace, we were able to make this work as a fantastic educational event. It was NOT a competition. The attendees went off after the class to the respective booths to gain further information. I have to thank the local reps as well as the corporate officials of the various companies who helped me put this together. I intend to put this on again several times in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Sir which CAD CAM do you think will be the best investment for the Practice..?
    Dentist India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dental technology is just great! I mean, it's more than enough to care for out little teeth... I think many dentists in orange will benefit from such inventions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wide variety of technology all for the betterment of the dental world! Great!

    Cosmetic Dentist Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this article about the hope for cavities! My mom had such bad teeth, that eventually the only thing that she could do to save her smile was go to a cosmetic dentist chicago , and have replacements put in. I always nag my kids about brushing and flossing to prevent cavities. They are always really good about it, but I still worry about my kids dental health because I don't want them to go through the painful process of having a cavity filled!

    ReplyDelete